Reasons to see your doctor IMMEDIATELY!
Recognizing "Red Flags"
*Red flags warrant a face to face visit with a medical doctor. It is crucial that you know what signs and symptoms are considered red flags.
The presence of red flags does not mean you won't benefit from this course. It just means that you need to seek more urgent medical care first before engaging in this program.
Red Flags include any one of the following:
- History of cancer, unexplained weight loss and/or unrelenting pain that does not change over the course of 24 hours despite adopting a resting position. This includes progressively worsening and constant night pain. If you are unable to find any position that completely takes your pain away you need to see a medical provider.
- Back injury following a traumatic accident
- Onset of Bowel/Bladder Incontinence or Numbness in Saddle Region [if this symptom begins following trauma see a medical provider immediately]
- Progressive neurological deterioration [numbness, weakness, muscle atrophy]
- Systemic Illness and back pain with a fever [The concern here would be a possible infection that made its way to the spine through the blood stream].
Disclaimer: The information provided in this online course is not intended to provide a diagnosis or substitute for medical advice. By attempting any of the exercises or recommendations in this course you do so at your own risk. We make no representations, guarantees or warranties that the information or exercises in this course are appropriate for you or will result in improvement of your medical condition or function.